- Netflix has announced 17 upcoming Indian originals.
- These include 12 new movies and five TV shows.
- The new Indian originals will release on Netflix in the coming months.
Netflix is adding 17 new TV shows and movies to its ever-growing library of Indian content. The streaming platform’s roster of upcoming Indian originals includes 12 new films and five TV series. The new titles feature performances by prominent Bollywood actors such as Anil Kapoor, Pooja Bhatt, Bobby Deol, Bhumi Pednekar, Konkona Sensharma, Janhvi Kapoor, and many more.
From thrillers to romantic comedies to lighthearted dramas, these upcoming Indian originals will release on Netflix in the coming months. Here’s the full list of titles Netflix announced with a brief description provided by the company.
Upcoming Indian original movies on Netflix
- Ludo: Directed by Anurag Basu, Ludo is an upcoming Indian original comedy-drama starring Abhishek Bachchan, Rajkummar Rao, Aditya Roy Kapur, Fatima Sana Shaikh, Sanya Malhotra, and Pankaj Tripathi. It follows the journey of four different people who meet at a crossroads in life.
- Torbaaz: An emotional story of transformation starring Sanjay Dutt, Nargis Fakhri, and Rahul Dev.
- Raat Akeli Hai: A crime-thriller starring Radhika Apte, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Aditya Srivastava, Tigmanshu Dhulia, Nishant Dahiya, and Shweta Tripathi.
- Dolly Kitty Aur Woh Chamakte Sitare: A drama about two cousins and their quest for freedom starring Konkona Sensharma and Bhumi Pednekar.
- Bombay Rose: An award-winning animated romance hanging precariously between living on the streets and loving on the screen, Bollywood style.
- Ginny Weds Sunny: A tale of love, life, weddings, and music starring Yami Gautam and Vikrant Massey.
These six new Indian original movies on Netflix will be joined by another six movie titles that the service had announced previously. These include Jhanvi Kapoor’s Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl, Tribhanga – Tedhi Medhi Crazy featuring Kajol, horror flick Kaali Khuhi starring Shabana Azmi, Serious Men featuring Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Class Of ’83 with Bobby Deol, and AK vs AK starring Anil Kapoor.
Upcoming Indian original TV series on Netflix
Netflix is adding two new TV shows to its library of upcoming Indian originals. The other three were already in the release lineup. Here are all the new Indian TV series headed to Netflix.
- Mismatched: A young adult romance starring Prajakta Koli and Rohit Saraf based on Sandhya Menon’s book When Dimple Met Rishi.
- A Suitable Boy: A series based on the critically acclaimed book by Vikram Seth starring Ishaan Khatter, Tabu, Ram Kapoor, and others.
- Masaba Masaba: A scripted series based on fashion designer Masaba Gupta’s life.
- Bombay Begums: a contemporary drama featuring Pooja Bhatt, Amruta Subhash, Shahana Goswami, Plabita Borthakur, and Aadhya Anand.
- Bhaag Beanie Bhaag: A female stand-up comedian’s journey to carve out the life she wants for herself.
Here’s a quick preview video Netflix has put up giving us our first look of all the new, upcoming Indian originals.
Want more recommendations for content you can stream in India? Check out these links below.